Thursday, August 4, 2011

My Secret




Now - here is my secret:
I tell it to you with an openness of heart that I doubt I shall ever achieve again, so I pray that you are in a quiet room as you hear these words. My secret is that I need God - that I am sick and can no longer make it alone. I need God to help me give, because I no longer seem capable of giving; to help me be kind, as I no longer seem capable of kindness; to help me love, as I seem beyond being able to love.

— Douglas Coupland

2 comments:

  1. I always mean to ask you, after your blog about the u2 songs and the family, which was fun, which song you would put for you.

    "Come unto me all you who are weary and I will give you rest, take my yoke upon you and learn from me and I will give rest to your soul. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." How well those words supply a response to how deeply we need all God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom.......

    Into the heart...of a child
    I stay a while...oh, I can go back

    Into the heart...of a child
    I can smile
    I can go there

    Into the heart
    Into the heart of a child
    I can go back
    I can stay awhile

    Into the heart...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails