Sunday, May 30, 2010

Mom you will be proud of me

I woke up really early on Saturday and cleaned my entire house. Well the downstairs that is. I think my roommates can fend for their own rooms. Cleaning really wasn't my thing growing up, partly because it was not seen as a necessity in our house. I guess I can thank her for wanting to keep the house, the bathrooms, the garage and the backyard clean because it has rubbed off on me for the better. It's weird, because I really don't like to clean, but in this house it keeps you on your toes. Also, it is sort of a way to work the stress out of my system that the gym doesn't take care of. So now I can rest on Sunday and relax. Maybe take a nap. Who knows. Alas...... my room is clean! Anyone have a suggestion?

3 comments:

  1. wow- nice cleaning job! i think you should take a break & nap, go to barneys, work on a painting, take another nap....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i vote for bakesale betty's...and a visit to see sadie! for the record...I did a lot of cleaning growing up, but now I have given up---and my house is a mess! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, but cleaning is so good for the soul - you get immediate rewards...something that is not always true in other pursuits, like pulling the weeds out of a yard that is actually made up of weeds!
    Great work :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails